Today’s recipe is a well-known and a very simple one. No fancy add-ons, just plain old meaty goodness.
The Classic Burger.
- – Meat (Minced Chicken or Beef, I used chicken).
- – Burger Buns.
- – Cheese (Sliced, whichever type you prefer).
- – 1 Egg.
- – Bread Crumbs.
- – Salt, Pepper and any other condiments you want to add as garnishing.
- – Thaw the meat and grind it or you can get ready minced meat and thaw that.
- – Add your choice of spices to the meat and mix well (This part will get messy and smelly for your hand, you can use any lime-based soap to wash it off).
- – Heat up oil in a pan. (I started with a 90 degree C or 194 degree F).
- – Form thick patties, but not too thick. (I went for about 2 inches thick).
- – Coat them in bread crumbs.
- – Dip them in eggs.
- – Coat them in bread crumbs for a second layer that will properly hold the patty in shape.
- – Gently place the patties in oil.
- – Fry them for about 3-5 minutes on low heat or until you see the patty turn a good dark brown color.
- – Place them on paper towels to let the oil get soaked away or just use tongs and let the oil drain naturally.
– While you are making your patties, cut the buns and toast them, either in a pan, with butter or in a toaster/sandwich-maker/grill. This will help give the burger a lot juicier, crispier taste.
Finishing off –
- – Place the patty on the lower half of the bun.
- – Use your favorite sauce or stick with the classic (since this is a classic burger), Ketchup.
- – Top it off with the slice of cheese and the top half of the bun.
- – Gently press the burger with the spatula, but don’t crush it.
Voila! Classic, simple Burger ^_^ It’s quite healthy too as there are no needless add-ons, just meat, bread and cheese.
That’s it! Hope you like this little fun recipe and give it a try. Thanks for reading!