Today’s post is a mini recipe post.
The cliche about breakfast being the most important meal of the day does hold true and an important meal, should be a delicious one as well. We can indulge once in a while, especially if we live an active life, but don’t have too strict of a lifestyle.
A very simple recipe for which you will need:
- 1 Egg (I use brown, if I can find them).
- 1 slice bread (whole wheat or plain white, either will do just fine, especially if you have an active day ahead of you).
- Salt and pepper for garnishing.
- Butter (or olive oil, butter is my preference, due to how good it tastes).
- Place a small piece of butter in a pan, let it melt, spread it evenly around the pan. (If you’re using olive oil, use just enough to coat the pan’s surface evenly).
- Cut a small hole in the center of the bread slice and place it in the pan.
- Crack the egg over the bread, do it carefully so the egg white doesn’t spill to the side.
- Let it sit on low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes at 90 degree Celsius (194 F), then flip it carefully, so that you won’t break the yolk. Let the egg fry up properly, until you can feel the firmness of the yolk.
The one I made today, was the best one so far, in taste and how it looked. The yolk was runny too, which I love! That’s it! Thanks for reading! 🙂