Today, I’m gonna do a review post. It’s my first one, so don’t be too harsh if it sucks, ‘k? ^_^
So to begin, I’ll just say, as a Personal Trainer, this is one of the most comprehensive books I’ve read on the subject of Nutrition. It’s no surprise that it has been considered the gold-standard resource for advice on healthy eating since it’s first edition in the 90’s.
Let me go through the 5 main things that I personally found to be very useful about this book:
- This book, is monstrous in size. One look at it and I knew there’s gonna be immeasurably valuable knowledge in it. But of course, some will say that “size isn’t everything”, well, this book kinda proves them wrong.
- Which brings me to the contents of the book. Which gives an in-depth look at the facts of nutrition and how it plays an integral part in our day-to-day life.
- NO AGENDA. My favorite part about this book is that it doesn’t push any specific diet on the reader. Instead, it gives you all the pros, cons about your eating habits and lets YOU decide what to do with it. NO BIAS = TRUSTWORTHY INFORMATION.
- This book also gives useful insight into sports nutrition and supplements.
- It takes into account, the diet related health issues and how we can manage them.
- I know I said, 5 main things, but there’s so much more in this book that I can’t stop!
I’ve not read the whole book obviously, I’ve only recently got it and it’s over 800 pages. But whatever I have read, is exceptional and it just adds to my current knowledge base.
In conclusion, I think it would be an excellent addition to anyone’s library, anyone who wants to learn more about nutrition, any trainer, who wants to add more to their own knowledge base so they can offer their clients more and better quality advice. It’s also a useful resource for those who want to get certified as a nutritionist.
I wanted to do an honest review, which is why I did it for this book, because I actually got it and read it and then put this review up. That way, I don’t look like a fool, recommending crap to people and people get good stuff instead of crap 🙂
So, I’ll be super direct and shamelessly leave the links, amazon.com (for my International readers) and amazon.in (for my Indian readers) to get the book down below, hoping that you’ll use these affiliate links only, if you do decide to do so, because I’m getting greedy and the bills are stacking up. Thanks!